Heat n Sleep is a family owned & operated business serving the Lower Mainland, Vancouver BC and Vancouver Island. Fully licensed & insured.
As experienced bedbug extermination experts, we use an eco-friendly heat solution to eliminate bed bugs. Nothing has been proven more effective for complete elimination.
At Heat-N-Sleep, we treat bed bug infestations by using a K9 Inspection and a chemical-free Heat Treatment Process. Heat n Sleep the bedbug experts is the most thorough and comprehensive method of eradicating bedbugs, proving lethal at all stages of the bed bug’s life cycle.
Table of Contents
Bed Bugs in Vancouver
Bedbugs have been a growing problem in Vancouver, as in many other cities around the world. They are tiny, reddish-brown insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals while they sleep.
The pests are usually found in beds, mattresses, and upholstered furniture. They can also hide in cracks and crevices in walls, floors, and other areas. Bed bugs can spread rapidly from one location to another and are difficult to eradicate, making them a persistent problem in Vancouver.
Residents are advised to take several precautions to prevent bugs from infesting their homes, such as regularly inspecting second-hand furniture and clothing, sealing cracks and crevices in walls and floors, and using bed bug-proof encasements on mattresses and box springs.
If you suspect a bed bug problem, it is important to contact a professional pest control company for a proper inspection and treatment. Self-treatments using over-the-counter products may not be effective and could make the problem worse.
In summary, bed bugs are a growing concern in Vancouver and it is important to take the necessary steps to prevent and address infestations.
Vancouver Bed Bugs Prevention
To prevent Bed Bugs follow these steps:
- Inspect second-hand furniture and clothing before bringing them into your home.
- Seal cracks and crevices in walls, floors, and other areas to prevent bed bugs from entering and hiding.
- Use bed bug-proof encasements on mattresses and box springs to prevent bugs from accessing their hosts.
- Vacuum regularly, including the edges of carpets and furniture.
- Wash and dry bed linens, clothing, and other items on high heat to kill bed bugs and their eggs.
Traditional bedbug treatment typically involves a combination of the following methods:
- Cleaning and decluttering: Removing clutter and cleaning infested areas thoroughly can reduce the number of hiding places for bedbugs and make treatment more effective.
- Insecticides: Applying insecticides specifically labeled for bed bugs can help kill bugs and their eggs. Insecticides can be applied as a spray, dust, or gel and should be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat treatment: Using high-temperature drying to kill bedbugs on infested clothing and linens can be an effective treatment option.
- Encasing bedding: Encasing your mattress and box springs in bed bug-proof covers can prevent bed bugs from getting in or out.
- Professional extermination: Hiring a professional pest control company experienced in treating the pest can be effective in eliminating infestations. Pest control professionals may use a combination of insecticides and other treatments to get rid of bed bugs.
Heat treatment can be a more effective method for eliminating bedbugs compared to chemical treatments. This effectively kills all stages of bed bugs, including eggs, nymphs, and adults, and can quickly eliminate bug problems in a matter of hours. Additionally, heat treatment is a non-toxic and environmentally friendly option that does not leave any residual chemicals in your living space. The process of heat treatment typically involves heating the entire room to a high temperature, which minimizes the need to move furniture and disrupt your daily routine.
Furthermore, bed bugs have become increasingly resistant to chemical treatments, making heat treatment a more effective option. However, it’s important to note that heat treatment can be more expensive than chemical treatments and may not be suitable for all types of infestations or living spaces. It’s important to consider factors such as the size of the infestation, the type of structure being treated, and the cost of treatment when deciding which option is best for you.
Bed Bug Dog Specialist
A K9 dog specialist may be able to assist with bed bug inspections by using a trained detection dog. These dogs are trained to sniff out bed bugs and their eggs and can accurately identify bed bug infestations. Here are some benefits of using a K9 bed bug-detection dog:
Bed bug detection dogs have a high success rate in detecting bed bugs and their eggs, even in hidden or hard-to-reach places.
K9 bedbug detection dogs can inspect an entire room in a matter of minutes, whereas a manual inspection can take several hours.
Unlike traditional pest control methods, K9 bed bug inspections are non-toxic and non-invasive, making them a safe and environmentally friendly option.
Peace of mind
A K9 bed bug inspection can provide you with peace of mind by accurately detecting the presence of bed bugs and helping you take appropriate action to eliminate your Vancouver Bed Bug Situation
It’s important to note that while K9 bed bug inspections can be a valuable tool in detecting bed bug infestations, they should be used in conjunction with other bug removal methods for the best results.
How Do We Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Vancouver?
Vancouver Bed bugs are difficult to get rid of and require a comprehensive approach. Here are some steps you can take to ensure bed bug removal:
It’s important to note that getting rid of bed bugs can be time-consuming and costly. Because of this, it’s best to take preventive measures to avoid infestations in the first place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Canada’s top cities for bed bugs?
Toronto, Vancouver and Sudbury are the top 3 cities for bed bugs in Canada, which may largely be due to the population and frequency of people coming and going from these cities
Does Canada have a bed bug problem?
How do I get rid of bed bugs in Vancouver?
Removing infested items, vacuuming thoroughly, and professional heat treatments are the best ways to get rid of bed bugs.
What climate kills bed bugs?
Bed bugs can be killed by extreme temperatures. Adult bed bugs die at 119 degrees Fahrenheit, and their heat-resistant eggs require temperatures upwards of 125 degrees. Freezing infested items at 0 degrees Fahrenheit for about four days can also kill bed bugs. Heat treatment offers certain advantages when it comes to bed bug management. Heat is non-toxic, and can kill all bed bug life stages including bed bug eggs
What do bed bugs look like in BC?
Bed bugs are small, flat, oval-shaped insects that are reddish-brown in color. They are usually 5 to 7 millimeters long (3/8 of an inch) 1. Bed bugs are wingless and cannot fly 1. They range in color from almost white to brown and turn rusty red after feeding 2. Young bed bugs are very tiny and hard to see. Live bed bugs will leave dark brown or black spots of dried excrement on infested surfaces after feeding and also exude a very subtle sweet, musty odor. Small black specks on seams of the mattress, box spring, or bed frame of the bed may be their poop
Serving the Lower Mainland, Vancouver BC, and Vancouver Island, including:
- Vancouver Bed Bug Treatment
- North Vancouver Bed Bug Treatment
- Coquitlam Bed Bug Treatment
- Richmond Bed Bug Treatment
- Surrey Bed Bug Treatment
- Burnaby Bed Bug Treatment
- Victoria Bed Bug Treatment
- Nanaimo Bed Bug Treatment
- Vancouver Island Bed Bug Treatment